About Me

My photo
Crete, Greece
Married to the lovely Geoffrey, my soulmate. I have two fantastic big kids,both married, whom I love and miss every day I'm not with them, but I know they're living and loving their lives and we make up for time when we get together.I now have three granddaughters too...

Tuesday 1 March 2011

St. David's Day Walk

We went for a walk this afternoon...on Almyros Beach.
Althought the weather has been pretty dismal for weeks now...rain, rain, rain...it stayed dry today!
I noticed these tiny flowers on the tamarisk trees, so delicate!
......and sea holly popping up, with fresh new shoots.
The sea washes up and leaves tiny shells and slivers of angels' tears, though we don't have tide in the Med. there is a gentle mark.
I also came across a giant sea-monster emerging from the waves!! Happy Birthday Dewi....we've loved having you with us this last 2 years...unbelievable how time flies!!



The island of Crete is inundated with 15,000 Chinese refugees this week..the Greek government sent the ferries, that normally sail between the Greek islands, to Libya. There were also Brits and other nationalities with them. They will be repatriated within a few days and leave...I'm proud this was accomplished without any pomp and palaver.
Take care
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Lovely photos Jude. Wow, 15000 refugees, that wasn't on our news!

Jude said...

That's what I mean Jenny...they just went in end of last week and got them out....

menopausalmusing said...

Funnily enough my other half was on about the Chinese refugees last night and saying that they had got out....

Beautiful photos Jude. That dog has lovely markings....

Twiglet said...

Great news about the refugees - why didn't we already know about them?? What a relief it would be for them to land on the beautiful island of Crete. Lovely photos.

Lynn Cohen said...

Lovely spring photos...so pretty and the sea monster, well that must have been scary! LOL

Wonderful of Crete to take in so many refugees. I wonder where they will all go? All were in Lybia?
Wow!!!!!!!!! What were the Chinese doing here? Amazing, all that is happening in the Middle East right now. Scary too.