About Me

My photo
Crete, Greece
Married to the lovely Geoffrey, my soulmate. I have two fantastic big kids,both married, whom I love and miss every day I'm not with them, but I know they're living and loving their lives and we make up for time when we get together.I now have three granddaughters too...

Tuesday 16 December 2008

Last Morning Walk around Limnes

We have finally moved to our own house in Houmeriakos. But before we left I remembered to take my camera with me when I took Jose for his early morning walk.

I enjoy photographing doors, especially the ones around the villages.


Most of the properties are derelect and deserted.


But I would love to find out about some of the histories of the houses behind these sad and dejected buildings.



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Lovely! Hope you settle in to your new home and find a place for everything!

Blu said...

How exciting to be moving into your home. Yet I find leaving somewhere were you have been happy sad too.

ArtistUnplugged said...

So happy you have got moved! How exciting! I love all those entranceways you have photographed...thanks so much for sharing them. Beautiful

Genie said...

Good luck in your new home
Happy Xmas from Devon

sukipoet said...

How wonderful to move a your new home. A lovely farewell to the old. Beautiful doors and buildings and landscape. You are surrounded by beauty.

Katiejane said...

Oh my, you did say you had interesting door where you live, and I'm so glad you posted them. Doors are fascinating, even derilict ones, especially derilict ones.

Mim said...

Congrads on the new home and also on these wonderful pictures. How gorgeous these doors are. I love pictures and paintings of doors - such possibilities to dream about