About Me

My photo
Crete, Greece
Married to the lovely Geoffrey, my soulmate. I have two fantastic big kids,both married, whom I love and miss every day I'm not with them, but I know they're living and loving their lives and we make up for time when we get together.I now have three granddaughters too...

Sunday 21 December 2008

Quilting with a View.

This week we went to Sandy's house for our quilting morning.
Sandy and her husband have a stunning view from their house and on a morning like this it was hard to concentrate on quilting.
We had mince pies and a wee tot of sherry and admired the books and magazines Chris brought back from England.

I also took some knitting yarn to show them that I bought in Aghios Nikolaos, top right corner, if anyone has any idea what size needles I should use to make a simple scarf I would appreciate it. I want a loose, lacy look.

That was our last get together until the New Year.

p.s. If you're interested, look at this to see more of Sandy's views and apartments.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

sukipoet said...

You are so lucky to have such a view. Stunning. Lynn might know about the knitting needles. So, in your new place you are still near your old friends?

Jude said...

Oh yes, we're only 20 mins away from Sandy's. Lovely drive along the coast.

Lynn Cohen said...

What a lovely day you had. Do show more of the quilts as you continue with it. As for the knitting I have been using size 13 (American #, not sure if UK is different) for a wide open stitch or larger depending on the thickness of the yarn. It made the pink very thin yarn scarf for my GdD very open, lacy looking. Hope this helps.

Maria Verivaki said...

magical views indeed

papoules, exactly right!
i was in rethimno over the weekend, only an hour away from hania, so many similar food items, such different names!

Jude said...

Thank you Lynn, I'll convert needle numbers tomorrow.
Hey, Mediterranean kiwi, I got it right..for a change!! Wish you lived closer, I'm sure I'd learn more Greek if I was around you!

bindu said...

Wow - what a view! I could just sit there are stare at the sea all day! It's amazing you got any quilting done.

Katiejane said...

What a stunning view! I would never get any work done if I lived there. Looks like you had a good time. Unfortunately, I don't know a thing about knitting. Can't help you with that.

ArtistUnplugged said...

Absolutely beautiful! I would get nothing done, would be gazing the whole time. Soothes the soul.

Cheryl said...

Amazing view...you're right. I'm so glad that you found my blog...because I love yours! Great pics!!!!

Mim said...

Okay - next year - Christmas bloggers getaway at your place! I can't get over that view!!