About Me

My photo
Crete, Greece
Married to the lovely Geoffrey, my soulmate. I have two fantastic big kids,both married, whom I love and miss every day I'm not with them, but I know they're living and loving their lives and we make up for time when we get together.I now have three granddaughters too...

Tuesday 16 December 2008

The colours are fading as most houses are only used in the month of August when the Athenians spend their holidays here, catching up on family and friends.

The morning light is dappled and soft against the old crumbling walls.

But, we can find flowers still blooming in warm, sunny corners.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

bindu said...

This place has so much character! I love the crumbly walls and the mossy look of the place.

Jackie said...

How very beautiful. thank you.

ArtistUnplugged said...

Beautiful places, love the doors, some of it is sad that it is rundown.

sukipoet said...

beautiful colors and doors. I love run down ruins.

doug Fitch said...

Wow, lovely. I like taking pictures of gateways. Looks like a wonderful place to live