About Me

My photo
Crete, Greece
Married to the lovely Geoffrey, my soulmate. I have two fantastic big kids,both married, whom I love and miss every day I'm not with them, but I know they're living and loving their lives and we make up for time when we get together.I now have three granddaughters too...

Tuesday 9 September 2008

Walking the sea-dog

Took my camera on our walk this morning to catch some of the gems around at this time of year, not a great deal but some are so beautiful.
Take this for example,it's chicory, a wonderful delicate flower in scrubland. Once the sun rises and the temperature climbs the flowers close.

This delicate little thing is very prickly


Delicious and juicy, difficult to pick without getting tiny thorns in your fingers but well worth it.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lynn Cohen said...

In Israel, where I lived from 1961-1966, we had this cactus too and it was called "Sabra" after one born in Israel. "Prickly on the outside, sweet on the inside!" they said. ;-)
I don't recall ever eating one, however. Unfortuantely, I missed that treat.