About Me

My photo
Crete, Greece
Married to the lovely Geoffrey, my soulmate. I have two fantastic big kids,both married, whom I love and miss every day I'm not with them, but I know they're living and loving their lives and we make up for time when we get together.I now have three granddaughters too...

Tuesday 9 September 2008

Balloons over Llangollen, North Wales


My parents sent me these photographs of the Balloon Festival in Llangollen.
The weather was damp,and misty but what a fantastic sight!
Above is a photo of the old railway station in Llangollen. I remember sitting in school which is just above there and hearing the steam trains coming in. My mother used to use the train often, pushing my youngest brother's huge old fashioned pram into the guard's van

This is the River Dee, looking from the bridge. It's a very popular place to kayak now. My friends and I used to bunk off school and go swimming further up the river.
A view of the Shropshire Union Canal, to the left of this is the International Eisteddfod grounds.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lynn Cohen said...

Beautiful shots! When I was a teen I had a male pen pal from Wales! Wonder if you knew him. Unfortunately I no longer remember his name.