About Me

My photo
Crete, Greece
Married to the lovely Geoffrey, my soulmate. I have two fantastic big kids,both married, whom I love and miss every day I'm not with them, but I know they're living and loving their lives and we make up for time when we get together.I now have three granddaughters too...

Monday 5 January 2009

Baubles....

I haven't seen my tree decorations for years as they have been packed away.
I loved unwrapping them and remembering their history and stories. My mother gave me one that she bought when I was born, it's done well, it's glass!! I have the ones the children made when they were small.
But it's time to say goodbye, sleep tight, until Christmas 2009.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

ArtistUnplugged said...

What lovely ornaments! Tree ornaments sure can tell a life story. We have new ones given to us every year and I still don't get all of ours out.

Blu said...

It is funny how these funny bits of inexpensive Christmassy bling hold such memories, I do know what you mean.

sukipoet said...

Glad you got to unpack these this year and wrap yourself in memories.

soulbrush said...

they are certainly sparkly,,,, ha ha bye bye decorations...

Lynn Cohen said...

such a fun looking tradition! Happy for you to have this and all these memories.

Katiejane said...

Oh, how wonderful! I, too, have some packed away that I haven't seen for years, now that we don't put up a big tree any more. Some day I will get them out again. Doesn't it feel like "home" now?