About Me

My photo
Crete, Greece
Married to the lovely Geoffrey, my soulmate. I have two fantastic big kids,both married, whom I love and miss every day I'm not with them, but I know they're living and loving their lives and we make up for time when we get together.I now have three granddaughters too...

Wednesday 10 September 2008


Here we have the infamous 'cafenio', the stronghold of men, this is where they sort the world out, play tavla (similar to backgammon) have their hair cut and drink raki or coffee. God help any woman who tried to set foot in there! True even now, in some areas.




Isn't this lovely? just a small example of some of the weaving. such wonderful colours.














Yes, I know it's a mess, but that's how it is........














Not a good photogragh, but these are some examples of the wonderful intricate lace work.Posted by Picasa

No comments: